Monday, March 10, 2008

Indeed A Blessing


Fazal and I---I am practicing Fatherhood skills-- Yeeeeehhhhh.

Sitting at the Rutgers Student Centre surfing the net, I see eager-face students focus on computer screens preparing hard for upcoming exams. I think its time to write about the travels of the past days.

Wilbraham-MA at the home of Christina and Jafred Mato, whose son Fazal was a bundle of Joy, a source of musical inspiration and my opportunity to practice chanting some African Lullabies to a baby's ear, was my command centre-- in other words the place of launch.
From the comforts of their home, our morning devotionals after very early breakfasts (It is Fasting time for Baha’is), and joyous reminiscing of the Glorious Days at the Holy Land (Haifa-Israel) as staff members, most of the time preceded my participation in the loads of activities they had put together to keep my drumming hands busy.

Nineteen Day Feast attendances, Cultural presentations, Ayyam-i-Ha celebration, a visit to Amherst and Bridgewater State College put me in touch with the friends in this part of the country. The dinners were delicious, the camaraderie superb, and the company very encouraging. At some of the gatherings most especially with the folks in Holyoke, we danced, letting our spirits fly.

Highpoint:

-A jam session where we played Celtic music, switched to Middle Eastern music, crisscrossed that with some Pop and rested on an instrumental improvisation was acutely energetic.

Reflection:

It’s always great to visit friends. Energy, revitalization, enormous support and encouragement, plus the pouring of Loving Kindness from these Angelic beings were indeed a Blessing.

No comments: