Monday, May 26, 2008

Santa Fe Here we are

Arrived in Santa Fe the afternoon of May 22nd 2008. I knew from the start it was going to be fun. Don't ask me why, I just knew, maybe it's that sixth sense of a musician thing.

Ali and the sister Amelia picked me up at the bus station after I had put my French language skills into use by translating for a sweet French lady who is traveling the U.S.A. Without waste of time as soon as we got home, I took a long shower, my body felt refreshed and we went to work immediately, rehearsing songs for a Holy Day
celebration and a friend's wedding.


Celebration of the Declaration of the Bab
:

Held at the home of the Talebreza's, we had the bounty of starting the devotional program. Ali, Amelia and I sang two songs. The first one was a Hidden Word of Baha'u'llah (...Take Thou one pace and with the next advance into the immortal realm...) the second song was about the glory of this Revelation (...A new day is dawn, the hour is come, mankind can behold His face...)
After readings and excerpts of stories relating to the Declaration of the Bab, we sang a prayer "O God refresh and gladden my spirit..."
Then there was meal time and socializing. The food was delicious, the view from the house located on a hill was fantastic.

Martha's Wedding Reception

Martha and Wakeel


Ali, Amelia and I on our way to the Reception


Sunday May 25th 2008, around 3pm we pulled in into a dirt road that goes along the banks of a river and parked the car close to an entrance of a bed and breakfast known as Cincerro. The surrounding valley green and verdant, tall trees waving to the will of the wind,the river full in flow. A great contrast to the background mountains of New Mexico that evokes the enchantments of desert life, very earthy and welcoming. Above us was the panorama of the big sky.

Well decorated tables of white cloth, blue napkins, glasses and eating utensils, plus an attractive arrangement of flowers in a small transparent vase set at the center of each table. A white tent pitched at a corner to provide shade for those who wanted to redeem themselves from too much sunshine.

In the midst of about 120 people of smiling faces, well dressed and pleasant demeanors, we (Ali, Amelia and I) sang two songs to begin the reception. The first song was about nourishing the tree of their union, the next song was Rumi's poem on marriage (May this marriage be blessed... may this marriage be sweet milk, full of laughter, a seal of happiness).

It was a beautiful day, the reception was amazing. I had a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you read Rumi's Poem on Marriage Dude. You better credit me for introducing you to Rumi and better yet THAT specific poem!!! Awww man! Yay, Yay Woo Woo!