Tuesday, December 25, 2007

All I can Give


There is nothing in the world I own
If I owned the Sun,
I will make it shine for you at all times
No darkness to follow the sunset's dawn.
If I owned the sky,
I will make it smile for you at all times
No thunder clouds to disturb the brilliant blues.
If I owned the mountains,
I will let them bow down, and give you a seat at their peaks
I will ask the green fields of the planes to caress your feet,
And the waves to soothe your skin, and
Call on gentle breezes to calm your spirits.

If only I owned it all,
I will beckon the nightingales to sing all day
Songs of my Love for thee
Carrying the message far and wide
Reaching every land.
These I cannot do because there is nothing in the world I own
But All I can give is my Word
And let my Love for Thee carry me through.

No comments: