Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Service the Way to Go

Whao!!! It's been a while since I penned a few words. I am back from a summer and travel hiatus and hopefully by the will of Grace and Blessings I'll be writing more often.

Let me get to the point. What do you think about Service?

I am sure there are myriad of thoughts going through your mind and many ways of responding to the question. All what you are thinking is true and exact.
After spending the last two years on the road, playing music, giving presentations and engaging in many other Fun and Artistic endeavours, I have come to the realization that Service is the best way to go.

Imagine a world where everyone is in Service to everyone. And when I talk about Service I mean that Human Virtue (Spiritual Quality) of giving to others and making a difference in their lives, making the world a better place. That attitude of looking for ways to be of help, working with a spirit of joy and enthusiasm, of doing your very best, contributing to the advancement of the world; be it in small or big ways.

Imagine a world, where people get up in the morning and their thoughts are fixed on making the world of their neighbor a better one (and in this age of superfast internet connection, that neighbor can be anywhere in the world).

Just imagine the joy and excitement it will generate when people consider their jobs,professions and other means of livelyhood as a channel of Service to Humanity rather than a duty, a source of income.

This might sound like am a preacher on a pulpit. I am saying this because I've experienced that kind of environment. It was four years ago in Haifa-Isreal, where I did Voluntary Religious service at the Bahai World Center. You might say that is ancient history, what about Now?

I just came back from a Youth Summer Service Project known as Project Badi in Florida. Three weeks of learning and practicing to be of Service to Humanity through conducting Classes for Children, guiding a Youth Empowerment program, sharing prayers with people, giving presentations on the Healing Message of the Oneness of Humanity by Baha'u'llah, was an experience of tremendous Joy and Enrichment, reminiscent of the experience of service I had four years ago.

The Laughter, the Courage, the Dedication and Enthusiam of the youth participants was trully a sight of cherished memories.

How then can we replicate such experiences so that it becomes a common experience not only for a select few, but for all of Humanity? That is the question I leave you to ponder on. That is my Quest,and I pray and sincerely hope we can make the World a better place in the ways we Dreamed of, guided by the principle that We are Members of One Human Family.

"Ye are the fruits of one tree and the leaves of one branch."
"The Earth is but One country and Mankind its Citizens."
-Baha'u'llah.

Wishing you a Joyous Day.

No comments: